I basically always have a couple crayons in J’s bag. I just stuck the ones we got at a restaurant in there one day and they’ve never left. They are great for those long waits at the doctor’s office. They conveniently provide the paper already! (Hint: Crayola crayons work best since the paper at doctor’s office has a waxy film on it; other crayon brands are too waxy to see much). This is such a simple way to keep J distracted and content while we wait!
- Trace hands, feet, or have them lay down and trace their whole body
- Have them name the shape, letter or number after you write it
- Have them call out a shape, letter or number for you to write; and then add a specific color to the mix, “Draw a red circle!”
- Draw out your own connect the dots
- Draw roads for them to drive their cars down (stops signs, green lights, turns,…)
- Of course they can draw too 🙂