While we have yet to complete all of our 4th of July activities, I thought I would share what’s in the works in case someone’s looking for ideas. I’ll try to add pics as we complete the activities.
1. Our normal window decor using gel stickers
2. Introduction to U.S. map (pinpoint where family lives)
3. U.S.A. letter activity
4. U.S. poster (letters, flags, and map)
5. Stars and stripes counting
6. Flag craft with twizzlers
7. Red, White, and Blue search
8. Draw sidewalk chalk stripes and star relay
9. Star craft (add red, white and blue streamers on cardboard star)
10. Decorate yard with flags
The list is a little long, but notice that most of the activities are very simple, little to no prep and completed fairly quickly. I’m planning on using the activities to help reinforce counting, simple patterns, basic knowledge of geography (recognize US map and where he lives, U.S. flag, and name of country), and I guess colors again.
I’m focusing first on the map and correlating it with the U.S.A., our flag, and where he lives. Then I will be doing some simple flag/red, white, and blue activities afterwards.